Login to Complete a Scholarship Application or to Access the Judging Panel
STEM for Her Invites You
to Apply for a College Scholasrhip!
Louise Peabody Memorial Scholarship
As the first woman partner at a Tysons Corner accounting firm, Louise was committed to her community through her work with Women in Technology where she served as Treasurer and Special Interest Group Chair. Louise then served as STEM for Her Treasurer and, more recently she was devoted to building STEM for Her programs and mentoring young women to develop skills and a love for tech and education.
Dede Haskins Memorial Scholarship
With a 25-year career in technology, Dede was recognized as an influential businesswoman in the D.C. area. She was president of Women in Technology, and also a founding member and board chair of STEM for Her where she focused on bridging the gender gap to create a more diverse and productive workforce.
STEM for Her will award a total of $75,000 in scholarships in honor of former board members Louise Peabody and Dede Haskins. ALL scholarships are merit-based. This year, we have also allotted a separate amount of funding to cover needs-based scholarships. The scholarship application is the same, regardless of whether you are applying for a needs-based scholarship or not; however, if you would like to be considered for a needs-based scholarship, you will be required to upload your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
The SAR is ONLY required if you’re applying for needs-based funding and to qualify for needs-based funding, your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) must be $15,000 or less.
Funding will be disbursed as follows:
- 4-year institutions in the amount of $5,000 each
- 2- year institutions in the amount of $2,500 each
- Technical/Trade School programs in the amount of $1,250 each
Applications will be accepted through 5:00 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday March 29, 2023. To apply, you must:
- Identify as female or nonbinary.
- Have graduated or will graduate from a high school within 60 miles of the Washington D.C. Metro area.
- Be entering or continuing a two-year, four-year or technical/trade school located within the United States in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.
- Demonstrate passion for pursuing a STEM-related career.
- Complete the entire application (including two letters of reference, with one from a STEM educator) and submit by 5 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, March 29, 2023.
- Provide high school transcript.
- Answer five short essay questions.
- Provide proof of enrollment in a two-year, four-year or technical/trade school for the 2023-2024 school year. Please note that you must provide bursar’s office information before funds can be distributed (funds will be submitted directly to the education institute; not the student).
Winners will be announced by May 2023.